Top 10 Ways to Support Your Local Food Bank
Here are 10 ways you can help support your California food bank this year. Food banks are crucial to communities and provide so many more resources than just food! Find a food bank near you and get more involved in your community.
Top 10 Way to Help!
1. Donate money. This is one of the most efficient ways to help a food bank, as they can use the funds to purchase a large amount of food at a discounted price.
2. Donate non-perishable food items. These can include canned goods, dry goods, and other non-perishable items.
3. Volunteer your time. Many food banks rely on volunteers to help sort and distribute donations.
4. Host a food drive. You can collect non-perishable food items from friends, family, and colleagues and donate them to a food bank.
5. Support local agriculture. You can help support local farmers by purchasing fresh produce from farmers markets or joining a community-supported agriculture (CSA) program.
6. Shop at stores that support food banks. Some stores will donate a portion of their profits to food banks, so consider shopping at these stores to support their efforts.
7. Encourage your employer to support a food bank. Many companies have corporate giving programs that allow them to support charitable organizations, including food banks.
8. Promote food banks in your social media network. Share information about food banks and the services they provide to help raise awareness and encourage others to get involved.
9. Host a fundraiser. You can organize a fundraiser to raise money for a food bank, such as a bake sale or car wash.
10. Advocate for policies that address food insecurity. You can contact your elected officials and advocate for policies that address food insecurity and support food banks.
Support Your Local Food Bank
If you’re in California, visit our resources page locate a food bank near you.
Looking nationwide? Visit our friends at Feeding America to locate food banks nationwide.