Cowboy caviar is a quick, refreshing dish made with beans, corn and other food bank pantry staples. It’s a tasty and simple recipe that you can make in less than 10 minutes. Perfect for summer picnics and gatherings. The crowd will love this!
Food Bank Items –
Canned Black Beans, Canned Corn, Black Eye Peas
Prep Time 15 mins * Cook Time 0 mins * Serves 8
Cowboy Caviar Recipe Card – Download the Recipe PDF.
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups frozen or canned corn kernels, thawed or drained
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ¼ medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped pickled jalapeño peppers
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- Mix black beans, black-eyed peas, diced tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño peppers together in a large bowl.
- Season with garlic salt, then pour in Italian salad dressing and add cilantro.
- Mix until well coated.
- Refrigerate until flavors have melded, at least 20 minutes or up to 3 days, before serving.
Recipe and photos courtesy of: allrecipes.com