Tasty Spaghetti Sauce and Noodles
Spaghetti sauce and noodles is one of the easiest recipes to make. But it takes a good sauce to make the dish delicious. Here’s how to upscale a simple can of plain spaghetti sauce and turn it into something that even the most finicky of eaters will love – you must try this classic dish with noodles.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 24 oz. can of spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup stock (broth, or water)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh parsley (or basil, to garnish, optional)
- Pour olive oil into pan and set heat on low.
- Add the diced onion, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and let ingredients simmer in the pan until the onions are translucent.
- Add in can of plain spaghetti sauce and stir
- Add stock or broth to sauce and continue stirring
- Add salt, pepper, and chili flakes to taste
- Add dried or fresh parsley and/or basil and simmer all ingredients for 5-7 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Separately – boil water and add teaspoon of olive oil and salt into water
- Place spaghetti pasta in water and cook for 5-7 minutes or until al dente (so pasta is cooked and is neither crunchy nor too soft – has a little texture to the bite)
- Pour off water and pour spaghetti into sauce in pan
- Mix both the spaghetti and sauce together, place into a large serving bowl, sprinkle parmesan into dish and serve
Recipe and photos courtesy of: yummly.com